Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Miku Hatsune VN02 Mix Statue by Max Factory


Hatsune Miku is a character from Vocaloid - a software where you type in the lyrics, set the melody, and a character sings the song for you without the need of an actual singer. Miku is one among many singers from the software and she has sooo many different scale figures, nendos, and figmas out in the market right now and the Miku Hatsune VN02 mix 1/8th scale statue was the one that I picked.

At the time this statue was released in 2010, this was the largest statue of Miku. Today, GSC’s Hatsune Miku Love Is War DX version is currently the biggest. Despite that, this statue still looks great as ever.

Here you'll see the entire length of the "rockets," Miku has one on both sides.


As you can also see, the statue depicts a sense of motion which I like a lot. 

The next photo shows the robotic exoskeleton detail found at her back where the arms of the giant rockets are attached.


Here's an angle that shows more of the base where she stands. You can also see the massive twin pony tails which almost has the same massiveness as the giant rockets.


Here we have a better angle at the neck support thing which seems to be part of the exoskeleton of her suit...detail detail detail!


Miku's face in this statue gives off a pensive expressionless vibe and the photo below captures the mood.


This was a shoot done a long time ago and I didn't think of making a review of the statue then just like the Dark Phoenix statue, that's why I don't have detail shots. But I must say that the level of detail and quality of this statue continues to be one of the highest that I have. All the nooks and crannies of the robotic exoskeleton to the rockets, the face, the base, the attire, etc. I am very happy with this statue, it was expensive when I got it and then it got a price drop a few months after <ouch> ...kudos to Max Factory for this great statue. I'll probably revisit this statue to do detail shots.

2 comments:

  1. One of the best renditions of miku next to the Love is War version. Did you also get the append one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nope, I was planning to get the append version but the face ended up really bad for my taste...so I didn't pick that up.

      Delete